TRADITIONAL BATHROOM MATERIALS
A traditional bathroom will often use solid, sturdy materials as part of the design to create a timeless feel. Whether using a claw-foot porcelain bathtub as the rooms centrepiece, or employing marble and metal for a sink stand, basing your bathroom design on these classic materials will result in a bold design with a traditional feel.
COLOURS & PATTERNS
In a traditional bathroom the colours and patterns you utilise will tend to be primary and either very dark or very light, creating a bold look. Bright whites or off-whites, greys and blacks can help to create the classic feel you want to create in your bathroom design.
TRADITIONAL BATHROOM CHARACTERISTICS
- Natural stone or porcelain subway or hexagon tiles
- Natural stone counter-top surfaces, such as marble
- White cotton towels and bath mats
- Free-standing bathtubs, including clawfoot bathtubs
- Pedestal and console sinks and sinks with a traditional cabinet base
- Mirrored medicine cabinets
- Vintage or antique mirrors
- Chrome or nickel-plated fixtures
- A lot of neutral color and/or white, including a black-and-white combination