WHY INSTALL A CLOAKROOM SUITE IN YOUR HOME?
Creating a cloakroom out of available space in your home is a great way to improve the quality of your home life as well as add value to your property. Areas such as large airing cupboards, cupboards under the stairs and areas of corridor can all be converted for use as an additional toilet.
CONSIDERATIONS WHEN INSTALLING A CLOAKROOM
- Do you need heating in the room? If so, what type of heater will you use?
- Check the building regulations for installing a cloakroom and find out if you need planning permission.
- Will there be a window in the room or will you require a ventilation fan?
- Who will be using the cloakroom? Does it need to be wheelchair or disability friendly?
- What are your style preferences? How might these impact sell-on value?